Oftentimes after treating patients for lower back pain, we will give the patient exercises to do at home. These exercises will help to stabilize the lower back, thus easing any pain.
The McKenzie Exercises
The McKenzie Exercises are the most common type of lower back pain exercises.
- First, lie on your stomach on a hard surface.
- Then lift your upper body up with your arms.
- While your arms are still slightly bent, release your abdominal muscles toward the floor.
- Finally, extend your arms even further until they are nearly straight.
- Hold this position for 5-10 seconds and repeat 3 times.
With routine chiropractic adjustments and McKenzie Exercises at home, hopefully you will see a big difference in stretching out your lower back muscles. Come into Club Chiropractic, your affordable Greensboro chiropractor, for more helpful exercises to relieve back pain!