How Chiropractic Care and Massage Therapy Work Together to Heal Faster
Massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen. When paired with chiropractic care, the healing process becomes much quicker. As a result, the chiropractor can focus on the structural mis-alignments, while the massage therapist can target muscle aches.
Advantages of Pairing Chiropractic Care With Massage Therapy:
- Massage Therapy is good for the nervous system. It is often done before the chiropractic adjustment. Pairing them this way makes the adjustments much more effective. If not done this way, sometimes the body can become stiff and resistant to the adjustments. Both, however, offer natural, hands-on, drug-free techniques.
- Massage Therapy (when used in coordination with chiropractic treatments) is also good for healing physical injuries. Example could include car accidents, sports, gardening, etc.
- Since massage therapy increases blood flow it can also help relieve headaches, which effect many people on a daily basis. The improved circulation will help decrease the pain and stimulate nerve flow.
Additionally, chiropractic care and massage therapy can be used as preventative and restorative therapies. Here are just a few of the many benefits:
- Quicker Recovery – Patients who receive both therapies will often experience a faster and more complete recovery as a result of their less isolated treatment. The spine, soft tissue, and all supporting structures rely on each other to function properly. As a result, they all could suffer from the impact of an injury. Using both, chiropractic care and massage therapy, allows them everything to be addressed and treated appropriately.
- Easier Adjustments – Massage allows for relaxation of muscle tension. When the body is more relaxed, chiropractic adjustments may be performed more easily and successfully.
- Increased Range of Motion – The goal of chiropractic care is generally to provide increased comfort and mobility. In addition to pain, many chiropractic patients also suffer from reduced range of motion due to their injury. Much like spinal adjustments, massages are able to improve the flexibility and mobility of impacted areas such as muscles, ligaments, and other soft tissue.
- Improved Circulation – Massage techniques are often found to enhance blood flow through congested areas and relieve lactic acid. Chiropractic care can also help by relieving pressure on nerves due to stress.
The bottom line is that chiropractic care and massage therapy are compatible forms of health care which share the goal of your overall well-being, not simply an absence of illness. It is clear why the massages works so well with the chiropractic treatments! Here at Club Chiropractic, we offer both chiropractic care and massage therapy to speed your healing. Call now, or go online, and let us help you get started on the path to faster healing! http://myclubchiropractic.com